India (2 Centres)
Collaborating Centre 2
Name of Centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Anaemia Control and Diet related Non-communicable Diseases
Head of Centre:
Professor Uma M. Iyer
Institution and address:
Department of Foods and Nutrition, Faculty of Home Science
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
+91 (265) 79 55 26
+91 (263) 33 09 80
Date of Designation:
26 June 1992
31 March 2008
31 March 2012
Terms of Reference:
- To undertake research in determining the social, cultural and environmental factors leading towards healthy dietary practices and promotion of nutrition.
- To carry out intervention research to combat different forms of malnutrition under-nutrition, micronutrient deficiencies and nutrition of indulgence.
- To develop a training protocol for appropriate adaptation of WHO's global strategy on diet. physical activity and health in member countries of the southeast Asia region.
- To adopt food-based/health promotion approaches for the prevention and control of various nutritional deficiencies and disorders and diet-related behavioral risks.
- To provide sustained inputs to the SEARO research-cum-action network.
- Health promotion & education
- Health systems research & development
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO