Nutrition in the life course and undernutrition subgroup: area infections - Meeting of the WHO Nutrition Guideline Expert Advisory Group (NUGAG)
28 November – 1 December 2011, John Knox Centre, Geneva, Switzerland
WHO is convening a WHO Nutrition Guidance Expert Advisory Group Meeting for the Nutrition in the Life course and Undernutrition subgroup in Geneva, Switzerland from 28 November to 1 December 2011 as part of its normative work on nutrition and infections.
The main objectives of this NUGAG Meeting are to:
- Present for discussion the systematic reviews of the evidence, the GRADE evidence profiles, and the evidence-informed recommendations for global guidelines on:
- Nutritional care and support of adolescents (>14 years) and adults living with HIV, including pregnant and lactating women
- Nutrition/Food support to improve the nutritional status of TB patients
- Determine the strength of the recommendations, considering the balance of evidence for benefits and harms, and taking into account costs, values and preferences.
- Define implications for research in the areas discussed.
- Agree on a ‘review by’ date for the guideline validity, considering the ongoing research and controversies.
- Discuss the way forward including implementation of the guidelines and programmatic implications.