2010 Steering Group meeting, Paris, France
The High 5s Steering Group meeting took place on 14-15 October 2010 in Paris, France, and was hosted by the Haute Autorité de santé (HAS), the French National Authority for Health.
The Steering Group meeting saw the participation of representatives from the lead technical agencies (LTAs) of Australia, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America, as well as from the WHO Collaborating Centre on Patient Safety, and WHO Patient Safety programme.
The meeting discussed global and national progress achieved by country LTAs, as implementation of the protocols is well under way, the project's intermediate objectives in terms of the dissemination of knowledge and lessons learned following the implementation of protocols, as well as the participation of new countries in the collaboration.
Issues discussed at the meeting include:
- country experiences and lessons learned from SOPs implementation;
- agreement by LTAs on data collection, data comparison, culture survey and event analysis;
- adaptation or revisions proposed by LTAs incorporated into the standardized protocols;
- committee updates: Discussion of ideas for multi-country publications, the setting up of a publications process, the launch and SOP-specific webinars, and the development of communication products;
- discussion on SOPs dissemination and resource mobilization strategies;
- updates on new countries participation.