29th Annual Conference of the International Society for Quality in Health Care
21-24 October 2012, Geneva, Switzerland
The World Health Organization partnered with the 29th Annual Conference of the International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua), which took place in Geneva, Switzerland, between 21 and 24 October 2012, with other ISQua partners including the Canton of Geneva and the University of Geneva Hospitals.
Dr Margaret Chan, Director-General of WHO, gave the opening speech at the conference.
WHO highlighted its work in many programme and technical sessions, including:
- Pre-conference session: From research to action: a practical guide for achieving evidence-informed policy-making
Chair: Dr Edward Kelley;
- Quality and Safety in Transitional and Developing Countries: Strengthening capacity for patient safety improvement in low resource settings
Chair: Dr Abdul Ghaffar;
- Innovative technologies using e-health and health technology assessment: E-innovation for patient safety (tentative)
Chair: Dr Najeeb Al Shorbaji;
- Governance, Leadership and Health Policy: Safer primary care: advancing a global debate
Chair: Dr Carolyn Clancy;
- Patient Safety Systems: Safer injections, safer health care
Chair: Dr Marie-Paule Kieny;
- Technical sessions:
- WHO’s High 5s initiative: implementing standard operating protocols (SOPs) in patient safety by hospitals in participating countries;
- Teaching about patient safety in countries;
- The global burden of unsafe care.
- Educational Visit to WHO Headquarters.