Patients for Patient Safety - who we are
PFPS Steering Group
An informal steering group has been set up to guide the work of the Patients for Patient Safety programme as part of WHO Patient Safety. The group is currently made up of the following people:
- Joanna Groves – Chief Executive Officer, International Alliance of Patients Organizations, UK
- Martie Hatlie – President, Partnership for Patient Safety, USA
- Margaret Murphy – Council member of the Irish Society for Quality and Safety and Healthcare and patient surveyor for the Irish Health Services Accreditation Board hospital accreditation teams (current Expert Lead, 2011 - 2013)
- Susan Sheridan – Co-founder, Consumers Advancing Patient Safety, USA (past Expert Lead, 2005 - 2011)
- Garance Upham – Chair, Disability and Economics Circle, PHM and, General Secretary, Safe Observer International, France
The programme now has over 210 Patients for Patient Safety Champions worldwide. These are individuals who have attended a Patients for Patient Safety Workshop, committed to the vision laid out in the ‘London Declaration’ and who have confirmed their commitment to the Patients for Patient Safety Collaborative Agreement. For more information click on the link below.
For more information regarding Patients for Patient Safety, please don’t hesitate to contact Anna Lee, the PFPS project support officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.