The focus of WHO Patient Safety Research
- We work to facilitate patient safety research and encourage the spread of research results throughout health-care systems globally.
- We contribute to the building of evidence necessary for the development of new solutions and for a more effective adoption of already known solutions in patient safety.
- We work to facilitate the development of appropriate tools and methods of research, with particular focus on advancement in data-poor environments and resource-poor settings.
- We work with international partners to promote international exchange and sharing between practitioners, researchers and specialists in patient safety across the different WHO Regions.
- We provide guidance in terms of priority-setting for research on patient safety.
- We contribute to capacity-building for research on patient safety with special focus on developing and transitional countries. The WHO Patient Safety Small Research Grants were first launched in 2008, aimed specifically at young and mid career researchers in these settings.