Leading up to the first session of the Intergovernmental Working Group on Public Health, Innovation and Intellectual Property (IGWG), WHO held a web-based public hearing on 1-15 November to provide an opportunity to everyone, including the general public, to contribute to developing a solution to a major public health challenge — how to enhance innovation, research and development to address diseases predominantly affecting poor populations.
Contributions were sent in by individuals, civil society groups, government institutions, academic and research institutions, the private sector and other interested parties.
Meeting of Stakeholders for the “Development of a single dose malaria cure of artemether-lumefantrine through a nano-based drug delivery system"
- Survey: Global Strategy on Public Health, Innovation and Intellectual Property
Open-ended Meeting of WHO Member States
- Request for Proposals: Clinical Research Organization (CRO) to support Influenza Vaccine Clinical Trials in Serbia
Submission of an assessment report on the feasibility for establishing a pharmaceutical market data monitoring system in Ethiopia
WHO promotes, values and encourages health innovation
- Launch of Ethiopia’s National Strategy and Plan of Action for Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- WHO publishes analysis of patent situation of new hepatitis treatments
- Follow-up of the report of the Consultative Expert Working Group on Research and Development:
ContactsPublic health, innovation, intellectual property and trade