Gender and Empowerment Organization
Mr Abdul Salam
- Health systems strengthening
- Maternal/Reproductive Health
- Newborn health
- Child health
Priority action area(s)
- Broker knowledge and innovation for action,
- Advocate for mobilizing and aligning resources and for greater engagement
- Promote accountability for resources and results
* Gender and Empowerment Organization (GEO) established in 2006 and bears 7 years experience of working in the area with good reputation in the community. It is working at gross roots level in achieving the aims and objectives of promoting education and health by addressing the issues of local people and strives for bringing behavior change through community mobilization.
Gender and Empowerment Organization (GEO) for Change in cultural wrong norms & values and enhance women capacity in various ways for the empower women. It works on women and men professionals that provide expertise to mainstream gender into their programs, projects and internal structures. GEO also believe that all the human rights are women rights.
Women, despite their central role in society, comprise the most marginalized section of rural communities. Lack of access and control over resources render women powerless and exclude them from decision-making. Women are considered as property, sold by her parents and bought by her husband. GEO craves to eliminate that all blind faith from the region.
In order to achieve its mission and to make its programs even more human-centered; Gender and Empowerment Organization follows certain values and guiding principles in all its interventions and dealings. These include the following:
- To guide the community that Women have no space to either vent range or make peace
- Promotion and protection of Women Rights (Reproductive, health, social & Economic);
- Uplift communities through their empowerment; and gender based discrimination
- Challenging the orthodox power structure at each level of society for the betterment of Women
- Make ensure that the government should take further initiatives to promote economic and social empowerment of women to make them self sufficient, independent and confident to claim their rights.