Selection of a new NGO representative to the PMNCH Board June/July 2012
There is presently one open vacancy on the Board of the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health to represent the NGO (non-governmental organization) constituency. Currently, the NGO constituency group on the Board has four positions. The NGO rotating off the PMNCH Board is Health Alliance International, represented by Mary Anne Mercer. The other three seats are currently occupied by World Vision International (Stefan Germann), Save the Children India (Rajiv Tandon) and IPPF (Tewodros Melesse).
The call for nominations is open for three weeks from 4 June 2012 until 26 June 2012.
Please download on your right the full guidelines for the selection of a new representative to the PMNCH Board
Vacancy specific criteria
- A leading advocacy or implementing organization with wide national, regional or global reach, with strong networks or links to country-level programs and/or regional initiatives;
- Expertise across the RMCH continuum of care, including, but not limited to, expertise in newborn care;
- Expertise in health economics, health finance, health systems strengthening or other cross-cutting and systemic elements essential to reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health;
- A leading organization with a strong regional presence (preferably in Latin America), strong networks with other governmental and regional non-governmental institutions and a good understanding of existing regional efforts.
Additional selection criteria
- Willingness and ability to advocate for issues of concern to NGOs;
- Commitment to work with Secretariat to proactively communicate with other NGO partners;
- Proven communication and collaborative skills;
- Previous involvement in other global or regional health partnerships.
- Submission of nominations (by 26 June 2012): Organizations members of the PMNCH NGO constituency can nominate themselves or can nominate other PMNCH members organizations within the NGO constituency. Only one nomination will be accepted per organization (through the focal point or designated person). Only complete nominations received within the deadlines established will be considered. Send to email@example.com a message with the Subject: NGO Vacancy Nomination 2012
- Screening and Interviews – end of June/July by a selection committee;
- Final selection and announcement - by 31 August
Please note that the selected candidate is expected to participate in the 13th PMNCH Board Meeting, and related events to be held in Abuja (Nigeria) on 17, 18 & 19 October 2012.
NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 26 JUNE 2012 and must include:
- Brief bio/profile or CV of the candidate (2 pages maximum) stating the candidate’s qualifications for serving on the Board;
- Brief description of the candidate’s organization and activities, especially those related to the selection criteria identified above, and
- A letter of support from the nominee’s organization (signed by the President, CEO or equivalent, if not the nominee), stating clearly the position or relationship of the nominated candidate to the organization she/he represents and indicating that the nominee has the organization’s support for fulfilling the role of Board member (a personal statement will be accepted if the nominee is the President/CEO of the organization).
More information on the PMNCH Board, including its roles and authority, a list of current members, and other issues related to governance can be found in the right handside column, as well as the full guidelines for the present election.