PMNCH Strategic Objective (SO) 2: Advocate to mobilize and align resources
The Partnership works to identify and mobilize additional resources for RMNCH through partner engagement and by maintaining visibility of women’s and children’s health issues in policy and development forums; and promote consensus on evidence-based policy development and implementation (including strategic priorities and alignment of resources).
The Partnership plays a central role in facilitating joint action on many fronts, mainly progress towards the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) 4 and 5, to reduce child mortality and improve maternal health, as tracked by the Countdown to 2015 initiative, and through support for the Global Strategy for Women’s and Children’s Health and the Every Woman Every Child movement led by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon. The Partnership seeks to achieve and maintain the highest possible political commitment to women’s and children’s health in the years to 2015 and beyond by:
- Developing and facilitating partner-based advocacy work, linking action to key policy moments to ensure women’s and children’s health remains a global and regional priority in the post-2015 development framework;
- Engaging media, parliamentarians and civil society to create sustained interest and accountability around RMNCH issues; and
- Working to develop important resolutions to prioritize policy and budget action to improve women’s and children’s health through collaboration with the International Parliamentary Union (IPU) and the Pan African Parliament.
Partnerships and the private sector
The Partnership will strengthen partner engagement and alignment nationally, regionally and globally by:
- Developing relevant messaging for our private sector constituency and facilitating campaigns related to private-sector participation in women’s and children’s health issues; and
- Encouraging stronger coordination within our multistakeholder partner platform and advocacy network