Country Support Working Group (CSWG)
The first ever meeting of the Country Support Working Group took place at the Partners' Forum held in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania in April 2007.
Terms of references
The mandate of the Country Support Working Group is to:
- Identify and recommend engagement with countries;
- Intensify support to accelerate coverage of essential maternal, newborn and child health interventions;
- Provide information on effective interventions based on research findings and sharing best practices;
- Identify potential key stakeholders in the selected countries;
- Develop close working relationships with Ministries of Health and Finance in priority countries and their donor co-ordination mechanisms;
- Develop coordination mechanisms and collaboration with the private sector;
- Support development of a national plan of action undertaken through existing country planning and budgeting processes including PRSPs and SWAps;
- Ensure that The Partnership initiatives integrate with country level processes;
- Support the identification and sharing of good practice.