Global Call to Leaders and other donors
18 July 2008 - The Lancet : G8 disappoints in global health
12 July 2008 - G8 focuses on three main global crises, Miami Herald
- 10 July 2008 - Partnership welcomes G8 commitment to reduce maternal, newborn and child deaths
- 8 July 2008 (updated 10 July) - G8 new investment in maternal, child health "more urgent than ever"
- 8 July 2008 - G8 backtracks on health, Action for Global Health
- The Lancet: Commentary on the G8
07 July 2008 - United Nations/World Bank Joint Press Conference at G8 Summit
7 July 2008 - Press clippings
- 6 July 2008 - BBC Viewpoint:: Merlin says G8 leaders "must make birth safe"
- 6 July 2008 - Global Summit to Hear Billions Needed for Moms, Women's eNews, NY
- 4 July 2008 - BBC "In Pictures": Tackling maternal mortality, Central African Republic, DR Congo and Afghanistan
2 July 2008 - The Guardian Weekly: On the Comment pages, Madeleine Bunting says that we all should feel shame about maternal mortality in sub-Saharan Africa - where 1 in 16 women will die in childbirth
July 2008 - The Lancet - Commentary: "Human security approach for global health"