Health Care Professional Associations (HCPAs) commitments
The total estimated financial commitments to the Global Strategy for Women’s and Children’s Health for 2010-2015 able to be confirmed at this time include US$15million across the continuum of care for all HCPAs. This includes contribution in kind towards multiple initiatives not included below in specific commitments detailed by individual HCPAs. Specific financial commitments to date total US$16,218,000. The overall grand total committed at this time is estimated at US$31, 218,000, of which the in kind contribution is the most significant and represents a significant leverage factor for funding agencies.
Commitments included in this document to date have been made by:
- FIGO (International Federation of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (FIGO)) and several of its national member associations
- RANZCOG, RCOG, SOGC(Of these, all but RANZCOG are currently also members of PMNCH in addition to their parent International Federation)
- ICM (International Conferation of Midwives)
- IPA (International Pediatric Association (IPA)
- WFSA (World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists (WFSA)
Given the time constraints summer and requirements for HCPA to have their Boards approve commitments, some organizations that contributed to the Global Strategy narrative or who work collaboratively on RMNCH through PMNCH are not yet represented in terms of commitments. Appendix I indicates in which of the priority countries there are active HCP associations or projects. It is by necessity incomplete. The tables represent only examples of the types of commitments that HCPAs are making on an ongoing basis.