PMNCH Strategic Objective (SO) 1: Broker knowledge and innovation for action
The Partnership works to increase access to and use of knowledge and innovations to enhance policy, service delivery and financing mechanisms, addressing key constraints to universal access to high-quality reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health care in high-burden countries. PMNCH also works to develop Partners` consensus on key RMNCH topics through lessons shared on success factors and constraints
Knowledge, innovations and consensus building
Key projects include:
- Facilitating a global, multi-constituency consensus on evidence-based, essential RMNCH interventions;
- Promoting country implementation of essential RMNCH interventions;
- Identifying country success factors that have accelerated progress to reduce preventable maternal and child mortality;
- Creating a RMNCH policy compendium;
- Development of a global investment framework for women’s and children’s health;
- Producing a “Knowledge Summaries” series highlighting topics relevant to RMNCH to support advocacy, policy and practice to improve women’s and children’s health; and
- Enabling a RMNCH partner universe search as part of PMNCH web’s Knowledge Centre.
Public-private partnerships for innovations to accelerate progress
Every Woman Every Child brings together stakeholders from the private sector, academia, global health community and civil society to innovate and advance the cause of women’s and children’s health. The Innovation Working Group (IWG) secretariat is supported by The Partnership in Geneva. More details on the IWG can be found under Hosted Secretariats, on your left. This work takes place in the context of support to the UN Secretary-General`s Global Strategy for Women`s and Children`s Health and its Every Woman Every Child Initiative.