Become a member
Established in 2005 to accelerate the global efforts towards achieving MDGs 4 and 5, The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (The Partnership; PMNCH) has played a central role in supporting the UN Secretary General’s Every Woman Every Child (EWEC) movement as it evolved.
The Partnership championed the consultation process and mobilized a broad range of stakeholders from countries, regional bodies and global partners in the development of the UN Secretary-General’s Global Strategy for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health 2016-2030 (Global Strategy), in the sun-setting of the MDGs and the launch of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Partnership has a broad membership of over 800 organizations drawn from ten constituencies to facilitate communication and management of members’ interactions with the Partnership. Each constituency has a chair person from among its members, and a focal point in the PMNCH Secretariat, who supports the work of the constituency and its chair. The following are the ten constituencies of PMNCH:
The following are the ten constituencies of PMNCH:
- Academic, Research and Training Institutions (ARTs)
- Adolescents and Youth (A&Y)
- Donors and Foundations (D&Fs)
- Global Financing Mechanisms (GFMs)
- Healthcare Professional Associations (HCPAs)
- Intergovernmental Organizations (IGOs)
- Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Partner Governments (PGs)
- Private Sector (PS)
- United Nations Agencies (UNAs)
There is no cost to become a member of PMNCH. Membership to PMNCH requires a commitment to advance sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescents health (SRMNCAH), in accordance with The Partnership’s guiding principles, vision and mission.
Organizations interested in becoming members of the Partnership should complete the relevant online application form or in pdf, also available on the right side of this page.
Before completing the form, applicants are invited to review the following information regarding member’s criteria, responsibilities and benefits, and agree to the PMNCH operating and engagement principles, all of which can be found on the right side of this page and in the membership flyer.
Please note that only institutions, not individuals, may apply for membership.
PMNCH is hosted by the World Health Organization (WHO), and therefore WHO rules and regulations apply to PMNCH. WHO may prevent membership by a potential partner that is incompatible with WHO goals and objectives and that of global public health, including products specifically designed to harm. Therefore, relationships are banned with potential members whose activities are incompatible with WHO’s work, such as those involved in the industries related to tobacco (or tobacco-related products), breast milk substitutes or arms industries.
In completing the application form, the applicant will have to confirm that the following mandatory disclaimer is true:
“My entity/organization/institution does not have or has had during the past four years any formal association, affiliation or link, with the breast milk substitutes, tobacco or arms industry, or any subsidiary of a breast milk substitutes/ tobacco/arms company or commercial entity involved with the manufacture, sale, or distribution of breast milk substitutes/tobacco/arms or tobacco related products.”
Formal association, affiliation or link with the breast milk substitutes, tobacco or arms industry may include, but is not limited to:
- consultancies or contractual/commercial relationships involving business (e.g. licensing, joint venture or research and development agreements) or other interests, (e.g. advocacy or public relations);
- the possession of a financial stake, e.g. shareholdings or bonds;
- a proprietary interest in a substance, technology or process (e.g. ownership of patent);
- any programmes, initiatives, research, or projects, either independent or jointly administered which have been directly or indirectly endorsed, funded either monetarily or otherwise, or promoted by the breast milk substitutes/tobacco/arms industry, a subsidiary of a breast milk substitutes/tobacco/ arms company, or any commercial entity involved with manufacture, sale, or distribution of breast milk substitutes/ tobacco/arms or tobacco related products; and
- financial interests, controlling interests (i.e. senior-level individuals, including executive board members, with current or previous affiliations, financial or otherwise, with the breast milk substitutes/tobacco/arms industry.