An organization seeking membership of PMNCH should meet these criteria:
- support the concept of the "Continuum of Care" and The Partnership in its mandate towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) 4 and 51 (and MDG 6);
- be active in the area of reproductive, maternal, newborn and/or child health (RMNCH), adolescent health, health-related MDGs (MDGs 4, 5 & 6) or a closely related field, such as poverty and under nutrition (MDG1); education (MDG 2) and gender (MDG 3); safe drinking water and sanitation (MDG 7) and others;
- be committed to collective action to reduce maternal, newborn and child mortality and improve RMNCH outcomes; and
- endorse the values and general principles of The Partnership, as reflected in The Partnership's core documents, including:
- Principles of Engagement with PMNCH; and
- Operating Principles as stated in the PMNCH 2012-2015 Strategic Framework.