Countdown to 2015 at Women Deliver Conference
7-9 JUNE 2010 | WASHINGTON DC
The 2010 Joint Conferences
In 2010, Countdown to 2015 and Women Deliver will join forces to achieve maximum impact: Women Deliver 2010 is a global conference to be held in Washington DC on June 7-9 which will focus on the theme "Delivering solutions for girls and women".The Countdown to 2015 will be held together with Women Deliver 2010 featuring special sessions dedicated to provide the latest evidence, country by country, on the progress, obstacles and solutions to achieving the Millennium Development Goals 4 & 5 for the health of women, newborns and children.
The Countdown will issue a report and hold its conference together with Women Deliver 2010 to share the latest findings and policy and program recommendations on what needs to be done to accelerate progress towards the reduction of maternal, newborn and child mortality.
The Women Deliver 2010 is placed to send a strong message to key meetings of world leaders including the G8/G20 Summits in June 2010 in Canada and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Summit to be held in September in New York in conjunction with the United Nations General Assembly.
Countdown to 2015 is a global effort to monitor progress towards MDGs 4 and 5; it produces and analyzes data to report on achievement of MDGs from the most recent data available from 68 priority countries that account for 97% of maternal and child deaths. The Countdown Report will present new coverage data for a range of key health services (contraceptive use, antenatal care,skilled attendance at delivery, postnatal care, as well as child health), financial investments in MNCH, equity, and health systems and policy.
Provisional themes of the Women Deliver 2010 Conference include: maternal & newborn health; health of girls and women; family planning; HIV and AIDS; advocacy and activism; and health systems strengthening. Previous conferences were held by the Countdown to 2015 in Cape Town in April 2008, and Women Deliver in London in October 2007.
- Women Deliver Website
- What we do: Priority Action 5 – Advocacy
- What we do: Priority Action 6 – Tracking MNCH progress + commitments
Countdown sessions will take place throughout the Women Deliver conference. Full details on each session including the speakers list will be available shortly.
COUNTDOWN TO 2015 General Session: Latest Countdown results, featuring
- An introduction to Countdown to 2015
- Updates on maternal and child mortality
- Latest coverage data on MNCH interventions
- Current situation: Financing MNCH
COUNTDOWN TO 2015 sessions: New findings for 2010
- New Research Findings on MNCH — hot off the press
- Community Approaches for Increasing Coverage of Child Health Interventions: Malawi puts Evidence to Practice
- Trends in Funding Levels for MNCH
- Equity in PMNCH – What Have We Learned?
- Costing MNCH Programs and Interventions
- Human Resources for MNCH: from Global Reporting to Improved Performance and Outcomes
- MNCH Intervention Coverage, Policies and Systems: the 2010 Countdown Findings