Conference on African Health Financing
4-5 JULY 2012 | TUNIS
The Conference is conceived as the culmination of a process which has involved preparatory work at country level, and the presentation by the HHA of a paper outlining the African Investment Case for Health .
The objective of the Conference is to stimulate dialogue and enhance leadership and collaboration between ministries of finance and health for more effective public, private and external financing of the health sector, with a view to urgently accelerate progress towards health MDGs. More specifically the conference will:
- Create common understanding of the need for more and better utilized resources for health;
- Build consensus regarding the causes of and solutions to ineffective and inequitable public, private and external financing of the health sector;
- Raise awareness and forge consensus on remedial measures;
- Bring successful experiences from Africa and the South to the attention of policy makers;
- Provide a platform for potential new private and public sector partners to enter the field.