Technical Midwife Adviser (full-time)
Application deadline: Sunday 25th October
International Confederation of Midwives
The International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) is the world's largest organisation for midwives, with over 300,000 midwives in 108 Member Associations in 98 countries. ICM supports, represents and works to strengthen professional associations of midwives on a global level, and envisions a world where every childbearing woman has access to a midwife's care for herself and her new born.
To facilitate its global work, ICM is recruiting a highly motivated self-driven Technical Midwife Adviser to join the team at its headquarters in The Hague, The Netherlands.
The primary responsibilities of the Technical Midwife Adviser will be to provide technical support and advice on maternal, new born and child health and midwifery issues; contribute to the capacity building of Member Associations and advocacy; contribute to ICM projects and other activities at headquarters.
Description of duties
Under the guidance of the Senior Midwifery Adviser, the Technical Midwife Adviser will:
- Provide technical support to countries through the Member Associations to strengthen midwives’ influence on Maternal, New born and Child Health policy development.
- Support the implementation of programmes for capacity building and scaling up skilled care at birth.
- Work with Member Associations, to strengthen midwifery services as a strategy for the reduction of maternal and new born mortality and morbidity.
- Facilitate the implementation and integration of global guidelines into national Maternal New born and Child Health services including global standards for midwifery education and regulation, and essential competencies for basic midwifery practice.
- Utilise evidence based approaches to support Midwifery Associations.
- Collect data and systematically analyse country experiences.
- Liaise with stakeholders and partners on project related activities.
- Produce progress reports for the Chief Executive and/or ICM Board as appropriate.
- Support project implementation within budget, monitoring and evaluation in project countries.
- Contribute to the development of global guidelines and represent the Confederation in some global technical consultative meetings as required.
For further information please consult document below