NGO Constituency: Call for nominations to the Board (two seats)
The Board of the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (PMNCH), is issuing a call for nominations for two new NGO representatives to fill two available seats on the PMNCH Board, and has invited NGO’s to submit nominations electronically by Friday 28 January 2011. Full instructions and criteria can be downloaded in the pdf document below.
Currently, the NGO constituency group on the Board has four positions. The NGOs rotating off the PMNCH Board are Family Care International (FCI) and BRAC. The other two seats are currently occupied by CARE and Health Alliance International.
Vacancy specific criteria
Vacancy #1 (presently FCI)
- A leading advocacy organization, working globally and with strong networks or links to country-level advocacy;
- Proven track record in working in partnership across the MNCH continuum (and ideally with links to other health communities and/or non-health social sectors);
- Significant technical knowledge of reproductive, maternal, newborn and/or child health, or a related issue (health systems strengthening, HIV-SRH/MCH linkages ( etc.).
Vacancy #2 (presently BRAC)
- Regional or large national NGO working on large-scale implementation of programs.
Candidates will be also assessed on their capacity to contribute to PMNCH’s mission and strategy, ideally in one or more of the following roles: as a lead partner in one of the priority action areas; in one or more of the governance structures of PMNCH, i.e. Executive Committee, Finance Committee).
Process and deadlines
- Submission of Nominations (by 28 January 2011): NGO members of the Partnership should submit nominations* (through their focal points) to the Partnership Secretariat at email@example.com. Each NGO can submit one nomination only, so if you have multiple representatives in the NGO constituency group please confer among yourselves and agree on a nomination on behalf of your organization;
- Collection/review by the PMNCH Secretariat;
- Voting process (through an electronic ballot via an online survey on the PMNCH website) - will open on 31 January 2011 for two weeks;
- Announcement of results through the PMNCH website and other communication means.
Please note that the first envisaged commitment of the selected candidates will be the participation in the PMNCH Board Retreat aimed at agreeing on the strategic Framework and Workplan for the Partnership for 2012-2015, to be held in Boston (USA) from 8-10 March 2011.
NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 14 JANUARY 2011 and must include:
- The vacancy # the nomination is aimed at;
- Brief profile of the candidate stating the candidate’s qualifications for serving on the Board;
- Brief description of the candidate’s organization and activities, especially those related to the priority criteria identified above; and
- A letter of support from the nominee’s organization, indicating that the nominee has the organization’s support for fulfilling the role of Board member.
More information on the PMNCH Board, including its roles and authority, a list of current members, and other issues related to governance can be found: