2012-2015 Strategic Framework developed for PMNCH
APRIL 2011 | GENEVA - The Partnership’s current 2009 – 2011 Strategy and Workplan is coming to an end. Much has been achieved and we are pleased with the progress made. The Partnership has played, through its Partners, a critical role in energising and focusing international attention on issues and efforts most relevant to improving the health of women and children in high burden countries. But, much more progress needs to be made if we are to move closer to achieving the health related Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in 2015, but also to set the groundwork for our efforts thereafter.
A new 2012-15 PMNCH Strategy and Workplan is being developed to provide the necessary direction to the work of The Partnership and its Partners, identify areas to focus efforts and resources, and guide interactions with other initiatives globally, regionally and nationally.
Strategic Framework Process
The Strategic Framework document was developed during the month of March following an initial discussion against PMNCH Board members at the PMNCH Retreat. Following that, Many PMNCH member organizations and countries commented on a short summary of the Strategic Framework document posted on the PMNCH website.during the month of April 2011 and a new revision will go to the PMNCH Executive Committee in May, with a final Draft going to the PMNCH Board in early June.
- March 2011: PMNCH Board retreat : PMNCH Board requests fast-track process to develop a Strategic Framework, a starting point for a full 2012-15 PMNCH Strategy and Workplan;
- March 2011: Development, with Executive Board and Secretariat, of Strategic Framework
- April 2011: Comments requested/received;
- June 2011: PMNCH Board to approve Strategic Framework;
- Fall 2011: PMNCH 2012-15 Strategy and Workplan approval.