World Economic Forum 2013 meets in Davos, Switzerland
23-27 JANUARY 2013 | DAVOS, SWITZERLAND
Roundtable on Global Health Diplomacy and post MDG
On 25 January, the Centre for Global Health Diplomacy and J&J organized a breakfast roundtable.
The event brought together experts from multiple sectors to engage and provide recommendations for scaling activities for women and children’s health and the post MDG agenda. Dr Carole Presern, Executive Director of PMNCH, was invited to provide comments on the value and transformative impact of multi-stakeholder partnerships. PMNCH also hosts the Secretariat of the UN Secretary –general’s Innovation Working Group(IWG). The recommendations articulated during this high level roundtable will be put together in the form of a IWG White Paper.
Participants included, among others:
- Dr. Babatunde Osotimehin Executive Director of UNFPA,
- Dr Reddy CEO of Medicines for Malaria Venture,
- Dr Paul Stoffels, Chief Scientific Officer of Johnson & Johnson,
- Dr Sima Samar Chair of the Stop TB Partnership in Afghanistan,
- Dr Linda Fried, Dean Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health,
- Kathy Calvin CEO of United Nations Foundations ,
- Simon Bland, Board Chair of the Global Fund Head of the Global Funds Department in the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development