Academic, Research and Training Institutes Constituency: Call for nominations to the Board
The Board of the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (PMNCH), is issuing a call for nominations for a new ART representative to fill one available seat on the Board, and invites your organization to submit your nomination electronically by Friday 28 January 2011 . Full instructions and criteria follow below.
The ART constituency of PMNCH comprises research, teaching or training institutions whose primary function is either of the following:
- Generating, synthesizing or disseminating robust (scientific) evidence about MNCH, or
- Conducting teaching and training programs in MNCH care, research or programming.
There are currently three seats for the ART constituency on the Board. Two of the seats are currently occupied by an Academic Expert in Newborn Health (Professor Vinod Paul from the All India Institute of Medical sciences) and an Academic Expert in the field of Maternal Health (José M. Belizán, from the Institute for Clinical Effectiveness and Health Policy). The third available seat is now open for an Academic Expert in Child Health to replace outgoing representative (Jane Schaller from the International Paediatric Association).
In order to maintain the desired expertise balance within the ART constituency group and within the Board as a whole, we are soliciting nominations for : An internationally-respected individual with an established track record in research and training/teaching as well as substantial experience of working with developing countries specifically in the area of child health.
Find below the full document of the Call for Nominations to the ART Constituency, with details and required criteria.
Process and deadlines
- Submission of Nominations (by 28 January 2011): Only individuals in ART institutions currently among PMNCH membership can submit nominations (only 1 nomination per organization). Focal Points can send nominations* to firstname.lastname@example.org. ;
- Collection/review of received nominations will take place by the PMNCH Secretariat;
- Voting process (through an electronic ballot via an online survey on the PMNCH website) - will open on 31 January 2011 for two weeks;
- Announcement of results will be through the PMNCH website and other communication means.
Please note that the first envisaged commitment of the selected candidate will be the participation in the PMNCH Board Retreat aimed at agreeing on the strategic Framework and Workplan for the Partnership for 2012-2015, to be held in Boston (USA) from 8-10 March 2011.
NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY JANUARY 28, 2011 and must include:
- Brief profile of the candidate stating qualifications, relevant experience and rationale for nomination, bearing in mind requested criteria;
- Description of their host organization and activities, especially those related to the priority criteria identified above, and relevant to Child Health;
- A letter of support from the nominee’s organization, indicating that the nominee has the organization’s support for fulfilling the role of Board member.