The Partnership E-Blast
22 December 2009
New on the PMNCH Web
Dr Julio Frenk – New Board Chair + Meeting
DECEMBER 2009 | GENEVA, OTTAWA - Dr Julio Frenk, Dean of the Harvard School of Public Health, was elected Chair of the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health at the Seventh PMNCH Board meeting, which took place in Ottawa, Canada, 3- 4 December 2009
- Board Meeting 7: 2009 December 2-3, Ottawa, Canada
- Press release: Harvard Dean Julio Frenk to chair PMNCH Board
- Dr Julio Frenk : Profile
High-level Events in Canada
2-3 DECEMBER 2009 | OTTAWA, Canada - Two separate events parallel to PMNCH's Board Meeting high-lighted maternal, newborn and child health. They were coordinated jointly by FIGO/SOGC and the PMNCH.
- On Wednesday, 2 December, the PMNCH Board and SOGC/FIGO hosted parliamentarians, media and representatives of the non-governmental sector at an informal reception designed to build networks and awareness about The Partnership’s goals and new information about maternal, newborn and child health.
- On Thursday, 3 December, a Briefing Breakfast was held on Parliament Hill for Canadian Parliamentarians, sponsored by the Inter-Parliamentary Union, Canada Group. There, Canadian Members of Parliament and Senators promised to urge the Canadian government to make maternal, newborn and child (MNC) survival a priority issue at the G8 and G20 meetings, to be hosted by Canada in June 2010.
- Canadians call for government to focus aid on maternal, newborn & child health
- Canadian parliamentarians propose maternal and child focus for G8\G20
MNCH News and Events
Women Deliver 2010 | Countdown to 2015
- PMNCH brings Health Care Professionals together in Amman Workshop
2010 Calendar: Share your Dates!
2010 PMNCH Health Events Calendar
2009 Health Events Calendar
- Add your events to the PMNCH Web Calendar: fill in the WEB CONTRIBUTION FORM
- PMNCH Advocacy Consultation – Meeting Report
- - CIDA : Canada’s Development Agency unveils children and youth strategy and aid
- World YWCA: Women, HIV and Rights
- - UNAIDS/WHO : Eight-year trend shows new HIV infections down by 17%
- WHO: Maternal + Newborn Orientation Workshop
- Online discussion: Women and health: How far have we come since Beijing?
In the news
- PMNCH/WHO- Reproductive health supplement in Italian weekender
- - WEBCAST: Advancing Policy Dialogue on Maternal Health on Integrating HIV/AIDS and Maternal Health Services – First in a Series
Resources from our members - Highlights
- PMNCH/White Ribbon Alliance: Canadian Birth Atlas
- - Save the Children: Feeling the heat: Child survival in a changing climate
- UNFPA: Adding it Up: The costs and benefits of investing in family planning and maternal health
- Dying to give birth: Fighting maternal mortality in Peru
- World Vision: Child Health Now
- UNFPA: State of World Population 2009: Facing a changing world - Women, population and climate
- WHO: Women and health: today's evidence - tomorrow's agenda
- - Science in action: Saving the lives of Africa's mothers, newborns and children
Find the latest resources easily: search on our List of Resources sorted according to DATE OF ENTRY.
We welcome your comments. If you wish to change your email address or to UNSUBSCRIBE from this electronic PMNCH E-Blast, please send an email with the subject - CHANGES or UNSUBSCRIBE to : firstname.lastname@example.org