Lancet Series on Health System Reform in China
Journal: The Lancet
Publication date: Volume 372, Issue 9648
“…..A scientific collaboration on China and global health launched by The Lancet, Peking University Health Sciences Centre, and the China Medical Board, was launched in Beijing on Oct 20, 2008.
This Series-focusing on health-system Reform in China - consists of 19 commissioned research papers that bring together the most recent scientific evidence on China's major health challenges, its health strategies, and China's health future. The Series was produced by a team of 63 scientists, with Chinese scientists constituting two-thirds of the authors, collaborating with an international team from 10 countries.
The purpose of this collaboration is to introduce China's health system, achievements, and predicaments to the world and to foster scientific and institutional alliances that can strengthen the health - and ameliorate the adverse social and environmental determinants of health - of the Chinese people….."
Full collection of China Series available at:
- China and global health
- Biomedical science and technology in China
- Evolution of China's health-care system
- Traditional Chinese medicine
- Anthropology in China's health promotion and tobacco
- Reproductive health in China: improve the means to the end
- China's HIV/AIDS epidemic: continuing challenges
- Schistosomiasis control: experiences and lessons from China
- China's barefoot doctor: past, present, and future
- Medical research ethics in China
- Government policy and organ transplantation in China
- Internal migration and health in China