Guide to develop a health promotion policy and compendium of policies
Author(s)/Editor(s): Lagarde F
Publisher/Organizer: Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de Montréal
Publication date: 2009
Number of pages: 176
This Guide is a publication of the Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de Montréal. It was written in collaboration with the Working Group for the Development of a Health Promotion Policy of the Montreal Network of Health Promoting Hospitals and CSSSs to help member institutions implement the first standard of the World Health Organization’s International Network of Health Promoting Hospitals and Health Services (HPH) within their organization.
This guide is comprised of six sections:
- A summary of the standard and substandards of the health promotion policy issued by the International HPH Network.
- A presentation of types of HPH organizational approaches.
- Recommendations on the content of a health promotion policy. This section includes a checklist to help institutions ensure their policy is in accordance with the HPH concept.
- The main benchmarks in the policy development process in terms of ownership by the institution's various departments.
- A description of the support provided by the Agence as regional coordinator of the member institutions that must develop a health promotion policy.
- Examples of health promotion policies adopted by member institutions of the HPH network in Montreal and other regions of the world.