Building capacity to eliminate health disparities: The founding meeting of the Academy for Health Equity
Denver at Colorado Convention Center - June 26-27, 2008
Call for papers: The deadline for abstract submissions will be Thursday, May 15, 2008
The inaugural founding conference of the Academy for Health Equity is critical to developing the knowledge-base for those engaged in health disparity activities by facilitating trans-disciplinary translation exchanges of the latest research and practical applications by:
- Increasing the capacity of participants to address complex health systems change, delivery of services, new models of medical care and public health, policies that facilitate access to health, and new methods of measurement for preventable diseases in underserved, poorly served and never served populations.
- Promoting the application of evidence-based, theory-driven findings of disease prevention and health promotion for the elimination racial and ethnic health disparities.
- Identifying gaps in knowledge and data of the broad spectrum of causal factors of health disparities and bringing together inter-disciplinary, trans-disciplinary and community-based approaches to achieve equity in health.
- Exploring effective trans-disciplinary approaches to identify and address the social determinants of health related to health disparities.
- Applying the latest theories, principles, programs, and practices to improving health literacy, cultural competency, and health communications programs
All authors will be notified via email of abstract status on Thursday, May 22, 2008.
Before submitting an abstract, please review the submission requirements and gather the required information: