Indonesia Clinical Training Video: "Early Initiation of Breastfeeding"
Authors/Editors: Indonesia’s National Clinical Training Network (JNPK), Ministry of Health and Professional Associations
Publication date: 2008
Indonesia’s National Clinical Training Network (JNPK) has released a clinical training video for midwives on the protocols for early initiation of breastfeeding. The video was developed with support from the USAID Health Services Program, managed by JSI Research and Training Institute with technical partner the Manoff Group. The clinical protocols covered in the video include:
- Injection of oxytocin within one minute after delivery
- Delayed cutting of the umbilical cord
- Placement of the baby in skin-to-skin contact with the mother for one hour after delivery
- Allowing the baby to root out the mothers nipple and breastfeed on its own
- Delivery of the newborn vitamin K1 and hepatitis B doses
The video was developed by JNPK, the Ministry of Health, and professional associations representing pediatricians, obstetricians and midwives.