Comparative Quantification of Health Risks
Global and Regional Burden of Disease Attribution to Selected Major Risk Factors
Over the centuries, human health has improved because science has helped us understand the main causes of disease affecting populations. At the same time, the broader, policy-relevant issue of population exposure to risks has remained under-explored relative to documentation of established diseases.
This CD Rom provides a comprehensive assessment of the scientific evidence on prevalence and the resulting health effects of a range of exposures that are known to be hazardous to human health.
Report by chapters
- Contents, foreword, preface and introduction
- Childhood and maternal undernutrition
- Other nutrition-related risk factors and physical inactivity
- Addictive substances
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Environmental and occupational risk factors
- Other selected risk factors
- Distribution of risk factors by poverty
- Data analysis and results
- Multi-risk factor assessment and conclusions
Note: Annexes to the above chapters will be posted shortly.