The WHO Strategic Approach to strengthening sexual and reproductive health policies and programmes
Faced with the challenge of putting into practice the ideals of the Millennium Development Goals and other global summits of the last decade, decision-makers and programme managers responsible for sexual and reproductive health ask how they can:
- improve access to and the quality of family planning and other sexual and reproductive health services;
- increase skilled attendance at birth and strengthen referral systems;
- reduce the recourse to abortion and improve the quality of existing abortion services;
- provide information and services that respond to young people’s needs;
- and integrate the prevention and treatment of reproductive tract infections, including HIV/AIDS, with other sexual and reproductive health services.