Implementation of the National Transport Sector and Road Safety Strategy for Kuwait 2010-2020
11 April 2011 - 31 December 2014, UNDP and Ministery of Interior in Kuwait
Implementation of the National Traffic and Road Safety Improvement Project for the period 2011-2014, including:
- National Traffic and Road Safety Information (and Geographical Information System) System.
- National Accident Blackspot System.
- Establishment of a National Traffic Training Centre of Excellence.
- Monitoring of the National Traffic, Transport S and Road Safety Strategy implementation and provide technical advice for relevant organisations.
- Training program and workshops for the national cadres.
- Media campaign.
- Promotion of year 2015 target to reduce road fatalities by 30%.
Contact: Prof Dr Kim Jraiw - Technical Director of the Project
Tel: +965 - 9744 7604
UN Decade of Action for Road Safety Launch Workshop in Kuwait
11 May 2011, Ministery of Interior and UNDP Project
UN Decade of Action for Road Safety Launch Workshop in Kuwait Under the auspices of the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Ahmed Hamoud Al-Sabah, the official launch of the Decade of Action in Kuwait for Road Safety will be held at UN Complex on 11 May 2011. The event will be addressed by the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, General Secretary of the Supreme Planning and Development Council, UN Representative in Kuwait, and representatives of the Ministries of Public Works, Municipality Affairs, Health and Educations and Kuwait Engineering Association. All relevant organizations have been invited. Certificates for the 80 Engineers and Police Officers who completed the 1st training sessions for the national cadres in traffic, road safety and transport sector in March 2011 will be awarded. The event is part of the Government program for the implementation and monitoring of the "National Transport Sector and Road Safety Strategy 2010-2020" for Kuwait. The event is financed by the Ministry of Interior. For more information Prof Dr Kim Jraiw, Technical Director - National Transport Sector and Road Safety Strategy 2010-2020 (UNDP-Gov. Project).
Contact: Prof Dr Kim Jraiw
Tel: +965 9744 7604