The Launch of the Decade for Road Safety in Uzbekistan
11 May 2011, Scientific-research center of Traumatology, Uzbekistan
For policy-makers and respective stakeholders:
- In order to present situation in the country and draw prospects for prevention, organization of a high-profile workshop in collaboration and involvement of high-level officials from respected sectors (Cabinet of Ministers, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Transport and roads "Avtoyul", Ministries of Public, Middle and Higher Education), local and international NGOs and private sector. Involvement of the victim(s) and/or family of traffic incident is planned during the workshop. The workshop is planned as 2 hour event.
- Following the workshop, a half an hour press-conference is planned in order to be widely covered by mass media. Press-release will be developed for mass media.
For road safety users:
- Development of short brochure for road users (drivers and pedestrians) on country situation and prevention measures;
- Distribution of the brochures by road policemen among drivers and youth organizations volunteers in public places in May 11
For schoolchildren and youth:
- Organization of fairy on the best picture, stories for publication and/or video-clip on Safety Road theme/ provision of Awards (with gifts) for the best ideas is planned.
- Organization of a concert among schoolchildren, colleges and universities.
Contact: Kadirov Iftikhor
Tel: + 99871 2331030