Research policy publications
Casebook on Ethical Issues in International Health Research
This casebook collects 64 case studies, each of which raises an important and difficult ethical issue connected with planning, reviewing, or conducting health-related research. The book’s purpose is to contribute to thoughtful analysis of these issues by researchers and members of research ethics committees, particularly those involved with studies that are conducted or sponsored internationally.
- A checklist for health research priority setting: nine common themes of good practice
- Research and the World Health Organization - A history of the Advisory Committee on Health Research 1959–1999
- Remme JHF, Adam T, Becerra-Posada F, D'Arcangues C, Devlin M, et al. (2010) Defining Research to Improve Health Systems. PLoS Med 7(11): e1001000. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001000
Overview of research activities associated with the World Health Organization: results of a survey covering 2006/07. Terry and van der Rijt Health Research Policy and Systems 2010, 8:25
Health research prioritization at WHO: An overview of methodology and high level analysis of WHO led health research priority setting exercises
- Scaling up research and learning for health systems: now is the time
- Signposts to research for health, Stephen A Matlin, Tim Evans, Julia Hasler, Carel IJsselmuiden, Ok Pannenborg, Oumar Ibrahima Touré and members of the Bamako Steering Committee
- Ghersi D, Pang T. En route to international clinical trial transparency. The Lancet. 2008; 372:1531-1532.
EVIPNet: article from The Lancet and highlight from the UK Strategy
- First Latin American Conference on Research & Innovation for Health (1ª Conferencia Latinoamericana sobre Investigación e Innovación para la Salud). Report by the Executive Committee.
- Becerra-Posada F. Nuevas Posibilidades de Desarrollo de los Sistemas Nacionales de Investigación para la Salud en América Latina. Salud Pública de México. 2009; 51 (1): 86-89.
- World Report on Knowledge for Better Health
Research for Health - A Position Paper on WHO’s Role and Responsibilities in Health Research
Sida - Overview of Research Activites at World Health Organization
- International Registration of Clinical Trials
- Improving Access to Health Information in the Developing World
- Global Knowledge Observatory
- Genomics and World Health
- National Health Research Systems
- Health Research Systems Analysis (HRSA) Initiative overview for Ciência & Saúde Collective
- The experiences of the International Health Research Awardees on linking research evidence to health decision-making
Proposed WHO Networks to Support Health Decision-Making