Links to partners within WHO
The work of the Department of Ethics, Equity, Trade and Human Rights (ETH) on social determinants of health and health equity involves collaborative work with large number of WHO departments, initiatives, special programmes and offices. They include:
WHO departments, initiatives and special programmes
- Child and adolescent health and development
- Food safety
- Gender, Women and Health (GWH)
- Global Malaria Programme (GMP)
- Health promotion
- HIV/AIDS (HIV)
- Injuries and Violence Prevention (VIP)
- Making Pregnancy Safer (MPS)
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse (MSD)
- Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health (NMH)
- Nutrition for Health and Development (NHD)
- Reproductive Health and Research (RHR)
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Tobacco Free Initiative (TFI)
Links to international and national partners
Institute of Health Equity
The Chair of the former Commission on Social Determinants of Health and of the on-going European Review of Social Determinants of Health established an international center on health equity. The Institute of Health Equity is part of several global networks which support, monitor and advance action on health equity.
Department of Health, UK
The Department of Health is responsible for health protection, health improvement and health inequalities issues in England.
Public Health Agency of Canada
The Public Health Agency of Canada established the Canadian Reference Group to inform Canada's contributions to the WHO Commission by supporting Canadian Commissioners, Knowledge Networks and Country Partner network involvement.
People's Health Movement
Promotes the "Health for All" goal to ensure universal access to quality health care, and health along with equity and sustainable development.