Tuberculosis in prisons
- TB is not an unavoidable consequence of incarceration and can be controlled through the application of Stop TB Strategy based programmes and improvements in prison conditions.
- Effective TB control in prison protects prisoners, staff, visitors and the community at large.
- Time to act to prevent and control tuberculosis among inmates: a statement of The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
- Guidelines for control of tuberculosis in prisons (TBCTA and ICRC)
- WHO Health in Prisons Project (WHO/EURO)
- WHO collaborating centre on TB in prisons: Medical Department of the Ministry of Justice of Azerbaijan
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC): health care and HIV/AIDS prevention and care