Tuberculosis in prisons
- TB is not an unavoidable consequence of incarceration and can be controlled through the application of Stop TB Strategy based programmes and improvements in prison conditions.
- Effective TB control in prison protects prisoners, staff, visitors and the community at large.
- Time to act to prevent and control tuberculosis among inmates: a statement of The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
- WHO Health in Prisons Project (WHO/EURO)
- WHO collaborating centre on TB in prisons: Medical Department of the Ministry of Justice of Azerbaijan
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC): health care and HIV/AIDS prevention and care
- Tuberculosis fact sheet
- More fact sheets on TB
- 10 facts on tuberculosis
- What is TB? How is it treated?
- What is multidrug-resistant tuberculosis and how do we control it?
- Restoring hope in Swaziland: helping stop TB through earlier diagnosis
- Viet Nam: optimism for multidrug-resistant TB patients
- More feature stories