Tuberculosis in prisons
- TB is not an unavoidable consequence of incarceration and can be controlled through the application of Stop TB Strategy based programmes and improvements in prison conditions.
- Effective TB control in prison protects prisoners, staff, visitors and the community at large.
BACKGROUND PRISON INFORMATION
INTERNATIONAL CONVENTIONS, TREATIES, AGREEMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
PRISON AND TB
- Tuberculosis fact sheet
- More fact sheets on TB
- 10 facts on tuberculosis
- What is TB? How is it treated?
- What is multidrug-resistant tuberculosis and how do we control it?
- Restoring hope in Swaziland: helping stop TB through earlier diagnosis
- Viet Nam: optimism for multidrug-resistant TB patients
- More feature stories