Planning and Budgeting for TB control activities
Key features of the tool
- It is an Excel-based tool with an in-built user guide and menu system for navigating between worksheets and within worksheets.
- There is one worksheet for each major component of TB control.
- Each worksheet allows for detailed development of plans and budgets, or for the calculation of "Quick estimates".
- Each worksheet includes a ready-made list of likely inputs and activities to consider as well as default values, based on experience from a variety of countries.
- The tool is flexible e.g. names of inputs and activities and default values can be modified as appropriate.
- An "Application options" feature is included to enhance user-friendliness.
- It includes historical epidemiological, demographic and financial data and epidemiological/demographic projections up to 2015.
- It is designed to assist with projections of key indicators that underpin any plan and budget e.g. the number of patients to be treated.
- There is a status bar to show the status of work done within the tool.
- Summary tables and figures are automatically produced.
There are then three things to be aware of when opening/using the tool/site:
- When you are asked if you want to enable the macros on opening the tool, always choose "Enable macros".
- The tool will open as read-only when you download it, so if you want to use it or keep a copy, save it on your hard drive.
- To assist in using the tool, look at the "documentation" section of the site where there are downloadable files with troubleshooting tips, a PPT presentation that gives a quick overview of the tool, and tips about using Excel.