WHO Strategic and Technical Advisory Group on TB (STAG)
October 2007 -- The full report of the seventh meeting of the Strategic and Technical Advisory Group for TB (STAG-TB) is now published. It contains a series of recommendations to WHO, including endorsements of:
- the planned global response to MDR-TB / XDR-TB;
- the ongoing response to the TB emergencies in Africa and Europe;
- the use of liquid culture for TB diagnosis;
- a revised TB case definition;
- WHO's planned role in the Stop TB Partnership's TB research movement;
- WHO guidance and plans to support community involvement in TB care, control and prevention.
STAG-TB's mission is to contribute to global tuberculosis control by providing state-of the-art scientific and technical guidance to WHO. International experts and implementers in TB care and control, research and civil society participated in the meeting, held in June 2007 at WHO headquarters in Geneva.