Tuberculosis - The Essentials (Fourth edition)
Series: Lung Biology in Health and Disease
Edited by Dr Mario C. Raviglione (World Health Organization, Geneva)
Every second a new person is exposed to tuberculosis (TB). Each untreated TB-infected person will infect 10-15 people every year. Following the success of its predecessor, this new edition of Tuberculosis scrutinizes the new discoveries and observations of the key aspects of the disease while delivering the information in a very manageable 416-page format.
To purchase the book
For those wishing to purchase the book and living in a developing country, a discount of 30% has been negotiated with the bookseller. When ordering please indicate the coupon code WHO1.
What does the book contain?
Recognized world TB experts:
- provide a concise, state-of-the-art review of the 15 essential elements of TB
- supply an international, current view of the epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment methods
- discuss the emerging threat of XDR-TB and the HIV/AIDS factor
- assess advances in TB research such as new drugs and vaccines
- reflect on the progress of the "Stop TB" strategy