Practical Approach to Lung Health (PAL)
Objectives, components and focus
What are the objectives of PAL?
- To improve the quality of respiratory case management for the individual patient.
- To improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of respiratory care within health systems.
What are the components of PAL?
- Standardization of health service delivery through the development and implementation of clinical practice guidelines.
- Coordination among different levels of health care as well as between TB control programmes and the organization and management of general health services.
What is the focus of PAL?
- tuberculosis (TB)
- acute respiratory infections (ARI), with a focus on pneumonia
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)