Practical Approach to Lung Health (PAL)
What are the requirements for introducing PAL in a country?
- Political commitment to adapt and develop the PAL strategy.
- Assessment of the existing conditions to adapt the PAL strategy.
- Formulation of an agenda for adapting, developing and implementing the PAL strategy.
- Establishment of a national/regional working group on PAL.
- Adaptation and development of national PAL guidelines and training materials for PAL implementation.
- Baseline survey on respiratory care management, testing of training materials, PAL implementation in pilot sites, and a study of the impact of PAL in these same pilot sites.
- Review of PAL activities carried out so far.
- Development of a plan for PAL expansion nationwide, including implementation costs.
- Adoption and support of the PAL expansion plan by the national health authorities