The Global Report for Research on Infectious Diseases of Poverty
To be launched at the European Commission’s Conference on Innovation in Healthcare without borders
The Global Report for Research on Infectious Diseases of Poverty is an independent publication comprising different viewpoints written by expert authors in each chapter. It was initiated and facilitated by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, supported by the European Commission, and based on wide contributions from stakeholders at various stages of the work. It offers new ways of improving public health in low and middle income countries, with research as the compelling foundation and driver for policies.
This panel will consist of key stakeholders from various sectors and will critically assess the findings of the report and discuss how to turn its recommendations into action.
Garry Aslanyan, WHO/TDR, Geneva, Switzerland
- Lenore MANDERSON, Professor, Monash University, Australia
- Marie-Paule KIENY, Assistant Director General, Innovation, Information, Evidence and Research, World Health Organization
- Hassan MSHINDA, Director General, Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology
- Hannah AKUFFO, Senior Expert, Research, Swedish Development Cooperation Agency (Sida); Chair, ESSENCE on Health Research; Chair, European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership General Assembly
- Line MATTHIESSEN, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission