WHO Collaborating Centre on Tobacco Control
Unit Cancer Prevention
German Cancer Research Centre
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280
Web site: http://www.tabakkontrolle.de
Head: Dr Ute Mons
Terms of reference:
- To assist WHO to develop technical materials for advocacy towards the full implementation of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (WHO FCTC) in the European Region.
- At the request of WHO to provide technical support in the area of regulation of contents of tobacco products.
- To support WHO in tobacco prevention and tobacco cessation work, specifically on Articles 12 and 14 of the WHO FCTC.
- To contribute to the WHO’s work in organizing World No Tobacco Day 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, especially in German speaking countries in the European Region.
- At the request of and in collaboration with WHO to provide technical support and capacity building for German speaking and other interested countries on tobacco control.