WHO Collaborating Centre on Tobacco Control Policy Development
Center for Tobacco Control, Research and Education
University of California
530 Parnassus Avenue, Suite 366
San Francisco, CA 94143-1390
Web sites: http://tobacco.ucsf.edu
Smoke Free Movies: http://smokefreemovies.ucsf.edu
Tobacco Scam: http://tobaccoscam.ucsf.edu
Archive of WHO TFI Publications: http://repositories.cdlib.org/tc/whotcp/
Head: Professor Stanton A. GLANTZ, PhD
Terms of reference:
- Continue to provide research and programmatic support to WHO’s smoking in movies effort.
- Prepare briefing documents and educational materials on tobacco industry activities to be used by WHO in public education and public policy efforts.
- Provide short term training for individuals selected in collaboration with WHO and PAHO.
- Continue to provide research and support for WHO policy development on issues related to Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS).
- Maintain an open archive of relevant WHO documents through the University of California eScholarship initiative.
- Legacy Tobacco Documents Library
- Policy recommendations on protection from exposure to second-hand tobacco smoke
- World No Tobacco Day 2003 - Tobacco free film, tobacco free fashion
- International activities to reduce smoking in movies
- Studies of tobacco control policy