WHO Collaborating Centre for Tobacco Cessation and Respiratory Diseases Prevention
Tobacco Medicine and Tobacco Cessation Centre, Institute of Respiratory Medicine
China-Japan Friendship Hospital
2 Yinghuayuan East Street, Chaoyang District 100029
Web sites: http://www.zryhyy.net.cn/
Head: Dr Chen Wang Dr Dan Xiao
Terms of reference:
- To strengthen national tobacco cessation system in line with WHO FCTC Article 14 guidelines worldwide, particularly in Asia Pacific Region.
- To support countries in developing national tobacco cessation strategy and implementation plan.
- To support countries in developing and updating national clinical tobacco cessation guideline, using China Clinical Smoking Cessation Guideline as a model.
- To support countries in developing national comprehensive clinical tobacco cessation treatment system (Brief advice, tobacco cessation clinics, national quitline, mCessation, effective cessation medications and interventions on health facilities.)
- To conduct training and educational activities to promote respiratory diseases prevention, management and tobacco control, especially among health professionals.
- To promote brief advice integrated into primary care.
- To conduct certified tobacco dependence treatment specialist program.
- To act as a clearinghouse for the dissemination of WHO developed information on tobacco or health within China.