Tobacco control directory
The Tobacco Free Initiative Tobacco Control Directory is a tool to help build networks to facilitate collaboration and sharing of experiences. The Directory is intended to be multi-lingual and fully accessible to individuals who do not have English language capacity. In the initial phase, the Directory will be available in English and Mandarin. If there is sufficient demand and provided the Directory is providing added value, other languages will be considered. The information you provide will be translated and you will then be asked to approve the translation (you can waive the approval if you choose). Any information provided to the Directory is for the use of other Directory members and World Health Organization staff only. The Directory is hosted by the World Health Organization (WHO) and managed by the WHO Tobacco Free Initiative.
Benefits of membership
- Members can overcome language barriers to access an international network of professionals with similar interests.
- Members can identify professionals within a chosen technical or geographic area.
- The Directory will facilitate sharing of new ideas and best practices, provision of data and other information, and commitment of resources. It is an opportunity to network, collaborate and coordinate activities to achieve shared goals.
- Collaborative action is more effective.
An organization or individual seeking membership should:
- Endorse the values and the objectives of the Tobacco Free Initiative.
- Be active in the area of tobacco control and related fields and be committed to action in the fight against the tobacco epidemic, or be involved as a communicator in informing the public of the dangers of tobacco and measures to combat the tobacco epidemic.
- In no way be affiliated with the tobacco industry, either directly or indirectly, and should not envisage any future affiliation with the tobacco industry.