WHO Tobacco Laboratory Network (TobLabNet) Meeting
Date: 20-22 November 2006Place: Beijing, China
TFI convened the 2nd annual meeting of the WHO Tobacco Laboratory Network (TobLabNet). US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention China was the co-host.
Meeting agenda items for the three-days were:
- Discuss membership approval process.
- Discuss results of the global inter-laboratory comparison for tar, nicotine, and carbon monoxide (TNCO).
- Report of the Subcommittees, with specific focus on the following topics:
- Methods Compendium
- Method validation in order to achieve international standardization for the testing and measuring of tobacco contents and emissions
- New lab development
- Website and communication
- Research activities
The meeting was made possible with funding from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM).