WHO Tobacco Laboratory Network (TobLabNet) Meeting
Date: 26-28 November 2007 Place: London
TFI convened the 3rd annual meeting of the WHO Tobacco Laboratory Network (TobLabNet). The meeting was kindly hosted by the UK Department of Health.
Meeting agenda items for the three-days were:
- Discuss new laboratory development and progress of existing laboratories.
- Discussion of policies for collection and analysis of samples for regulatory testing.
- Development of a proposal for a global research project.
- Development of an approach for database development.
- Update on the proficiency trainings, held in The Netherlands, of laboratory technicians and scientists from developing countries.
- Report of the Subcommittees, with specific focus on the following topics:
- Methods for identifying counterfeit cigarettes
- Approaches to investigating water pipes
- Methods for bidis, roll-your-owns, and other cottage products
- Methods for measuring additives
- Recent findings on smokeless tobacco