Healthier people - healthier budgets
What have we achieved?
- Increased knowledge about tobacco taxation globally. Improved surveillance and improved data for policy research.
- Dedicated training on taxation to officials from diverse sectors (health finance, customs) within governments.
- Increased interest and knowledge about the importance of tobacco taxation among Ministry of Finance officials in a number of countries.
- Increased tax rates and strengthened tobacco tax administration in countries.
- Long-term relationships established with Ministries of Finance from a number of countries, including Egypt, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China, Turkey, Viet Nam, India.