Global Information System on Tobacco Control (GISTOC)
TFI is working to set up a global information system on tobacco control. The purpose of this project is two fold:
- to promote and facilitate the exchange of standardized global tobacco data through online database systems, and
- to assess progress towards the adoption of effective national tobacco control measures
The aim of the current page is to provide brief information on, and links to various global and regional databases with statistical information on tobacco related issues. Some of these databases are maintained by the Tobacco Free Initiative and other departments at the World Health Organization while some others are housed by its partners and other international agencies.
This is an area currently under development at the Tobacco Free Initiative and this page will be updated on a regular basis.
- Tobacco Free Initiative Surveillance projects
- Regional databases
- Databases in other WHO departments
- Databases housed by partners and other agencies