WHO Tobacco Laboratory Network (TobLabNet)
Description of work
In collaboration with WHO, the Chairperson of TobLabNet will carry out the following activities:
- Facilitate the expansion of TobLabNet membership and capacity.
- Identify new laboratories in all WHO Regions and extend invitations to enlarge membership
- Ensure smooth collaboration between TobLabNet members specially in tobacco testing and research
- Identify funding bodies for TobLabNet including taking necessary steps to obtain funding in order to ensure that TobLabNet members are able to meet each year.
- Provide leadership in developing overall goals and directions of the network, organizing network activities and identifying network members to carry out these tasks.
- Support the interaction of network members and facilitate cooperative activities between members that are beneficial to the network as a whole.
- Respond to technical queries from TobLabNet members regarding testing and research equipment and methods or direct queries to the appropriate experts.
- In this role, serve as a general resource person for all TobLabNet members, directing them, where appropriate, to resources needed to develop and improve testing capabilities, especially new testing and research facilities which need assistance in building capacity.